Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Drawing Dilemmas

"Passage" by Amy Cutler. Oh, if only I were half as talented...

I just finished up the final touches of my latest drawing project. It... didn't turn out quite as I hoped it would which leads me to believe that I still suck at drawing and I will need many more hours of practice before I can get the worlds in my head transfered accurately on paper.

In any case, this particular project was to be anything inspired by one of 50 or so artists. I chose Amy Cutler, whose style of fine art is illustrative and somewhat bizarre. I like it a lot. My drawing is neither illustrative (it borders on cartoonish...) nor bizarre. Well that's a lie. The concept behind my drawing I actually like a lot, and it is quite strange. Just not as out there on paper as I had imagined it to be in my head :/



And when did it get to be 4:40 in the morning?? Aughh...

No comments:

Post a Comment