Friday, March 5, 2010

Where Did My Voice Go??

Rock Study (Pen and Ink)

Whew, I need to step back and slow down. The culmination of these past two weeks has been me basically losing my voice entirely, as a result of my being sick and combining my cold/flu medication with three (four?) beers at a potluck whilst shouting over particularly loud music. Oops.

Going back in time, things I've been up to include:

The Counter, rock hunting for a drawing project, a crazy night at Tiger Heat, a home cooked breakfast, lunch with my Dad, errands in Irvine, hang time with Emilie (where we didn't quite complete the Wrong Eyed Jesus circle), a dramatic trip to Big Bear, a cynical viewing of David Garibaldi's Rhythm and Hue, a tasty dinner at Thai Corner, being entertained by a shwasted roommate, lunch at Orochon, a potluck/kick back, a multitude of good conversations with good friends (as well as much missed friends), plus the usual collection of late night meals, meetings, classes (minus a few due to sickness), and hapa what not.

Tonight is the HAPArty. I'm really bummed to be sick/speechless, but on the plus side at least I won't be tempted to stay out late since I'll be going back up to Big Bear tomorrow. At 6:30 in the morning. Ahh, good times...



In other news, things have been changing in my life. It hasn't been easy for me or the people involved (made more painful by meddling kids), but I think my decisions as of late have been good ones that will ultimately lead to better life possibilities. We'll see. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment