Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Love Tucson

My second trip to Arizona was, although different from the first, just as fun and probably more relaxing.

Highlights include a lot of hiking, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, 4th Avenue, hanging out with Emilie's family, Book Stop/thrift shopping, movie watching (The Informant and Bottle Rocket), Auld Dubliner, and a plethora of delicious homecooked fare. We also ate out a few times, namely at Guadalajara Grill which was both fun (they make their salsa tableside) and delicious (homemade tortillas and unusual menu items = win), and Bumsteads where I, the pretentious sandwich eater, had a delicious sandwich.

There's so much to love about Tucson. Like how welcoming Emilie's family always is and how it's never hot when I visit (on this particular trip it was borderline chilly and all of Tucson's usually drought ridden rivers were full/flooded). I also love the flatness of the landscape and the fact that the region is surrounded by mountains - everywhere you look the view is scenic and beautiful.

With that said, it's good to be home. Jimmy picked me up from the airport and we swung by Wurstkuche for a late, tasty dinner. The next day I took my time leaving for Irvine, stopping by the pool before even reaching my house. The plan was to go out for St Patty's Day, but when I finally got home my mom was really sick so I ended up doing errands and helping her out instead. I did head over to Lollicup for a bit, eventually.

Today was going to be a beach day, but it's so peaceful in my house right now. Los Angeles is always noisy. Irvine isn't. Irvine is quiet, calm, and serene. I love Irvine. I think I'm going to spend my afternoon working on my orchestration project instead. :)

Here are a few Tucson pictures. Most of the pictures I have are from the hikes/Emilie's backyard so there isn't much variety!

Emilie's backyard.

Hike #1 - Sabino Canyon

Hike #2 - Ventana Canyon

Hike #3 - Wasson Peak

2 comments:

  1. I love the desert and mountains. Although I lived in Utah and didn't want to stay there its probably one of the prettiest places. Southern Utah is like Arizona and northern Utah is like Colorado. Beautiful mountains and rock formations and hiking. I know you mentioned wanting to go camping and I would absolutely recommend one of the national parks in Utah like Arches (my favorite) or Zion. Easily the best camping experience of my life, the desert is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love camping and I'll definitely add Utah's national parks to the list :) Lately my list of places to visit/adventure has been growing pretty rapidly. I'm super excited to start crossing everything off!

    ReplyDelete