Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bad People Exist


So I just found out that I didn't actually lose my cell phone. It was indeed stolen. From the waiting room of a hospital. And whoever took it deliberately ignored all my phone calls and texts so that they could purchase Mobile TV and buy 50 some dollars worth of videos. For two days. Because that's how long they were able to use the phone until I cancelled it.

In addition to the 50 some dollars now charged to my recent bill, there is a 10 some dollar charge for adding Mobile TV last month, and a 15 some dollar charge for the upcoming month of Mobile TV.

So now, not only do I have an extra 75 dollars worth of charges to my account, I have proof that my first expensive phone, ever (which was also in part a gift from my dad... and is apparently a lot cheaper than it was when WE bought it), was stolen for a whole two days worth of entertainment, and likely the resell of it on ebay. I hope it was worth it for them. Because it definitely doesn't seem worth it to me. What an asshole. There are bad people in this world. Petty. Bad. People.

I need to call AT&T and deal with this, to cancel Mobile TV and at least try and get some of the charges reimbursed. I don't think they'll reimburse all of the charges, but maybe the monthly Mobile TV purchases. At worst 15 dollars, at best 25 dollars.

I don't want to deal with it now. I'd rather continue reading Blink. I think I'm going to go downstairs and eat a snack and then venture outside to read in peace somewhere. Maybe at the park. Or by the Arbor lake so I can get some tasty boba at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. You poor thing! What an awful person to do that! I've never had a really nice phone...so I would be devastated if I got one stolen.

    ReplyDelete