Sunday, July 19, 2009

Keeping Busy



It's been a while since I've (really) written.

Today I'm tired, literally and figuratively. Literally, because I've recently become re-obsessed with Inuyasha. I used to watch the English dubbed versions (they aren't bad dubs, I swear!) on Adult Swim back in high school... but they only played episodes after midnight and after a while I just couldn't justify staying up to watch them anymore. Apparently they finished producing the entire anime series in 2006, and sometime between then and now, they were posted online. So I've been watching a few episodes before I go to sleep every night. (Except I love the show, so a few episodes turns into more than a few episodes, and I don't end up sleeping until sometime between 3am and 8am. [8am was only once, the first night, but still... haha.])

I'm figuratively tired for other reasons.

I've also been surprisingly busy. I'm starting to make an effort to see all the people I've been conveniently avoiding (what? avoiding? never..) because my introverted self has finally gotten enough me time to warrent socializing again. It's been nice :)

To make this shorter than most of my recent posts, here are some highlights of things that I've done in the past week and a half:

Eat @ Del Taco, El Torito (not Grill), DQ, L&L, my uncle's restaurant, Burger King, Thai Cafe, Thanh Binh II (LOVE this place), Pizza Hut, Zankou Chicken, Tullys, the Original Pancake House, Juice It Up, and Lamppost Pizza
Spend an afternoon in Huntington Beach
Hang out in LA/Westwood
Chill in a park in South Orange County
Wander Toys R Us, Target, South Coast Plaza, Barnes and Noble, and various board game stores
Work on a 2000 piece puzzle of Las Vegas
Watch Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, Inuyasha, and Pans Labyrinth
Play Sims3, Bomberman, pool, Zombie Fluxx, ping pong, and Bang! (which I FINALLY bought!)
Go on a refreshing bike ride!
Read/practice cake decorating techniques
Help my mom with her real estate endeavours
Relax at the pool
Catch up with good friends
Make a dessert calzone, fried rice, and red velvet bars (with some recipe tweaks)
Go to an old friend's going away party, a dentist appointment (less fun), and a BBQ
Smile :)

Something I haven't been doing is taking pictures... so I used one of my favorite Inuyasha pictures for this post. I first used it as a desktop background while I was a sophomore (?) in high school, and, with my rekindled obsession, I've made it my desktop background again. Good times :)

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm your post just made me really hungry for some pad thai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its weird to me that even though we haven't been really been friends in years, we have so much in common. I'll eat thai food (massaman curry plz) and watch Pan's Labyrinth any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsea- yeah! If you have a Claim Jumper Restaurant near you, they make a pretty good one :)

    Regina- we DO have a lot in common still (I guess that's why we were friends in the first place, and people don't change all THAT much do they? haha), although I can't honestly say I will watch Pan's Labyrinth any day. I enjoyed it, but I hid behind a blanket during a third of the movie, at least haha -_-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, well, that movie is a little bit gruesome and it makes me cringe. When I first saw in it theaters the trailer made it look like a fantasy movie, when it was really only 30% fantasy and 70% war movie.

    I still appreciate the fantasy and if you have the DVD you should watch the featurettes. Guillermo Del Toro talks about fairy tales and they go over some visual effects stuff that's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah fantasy is pretty bad ass sometimes :) Don't have the DVD though, a friend of mine had rented it so I watched it that way :/

    ReplyDelete