Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ten Things


So many days have passed since I've updated! I will say that I've been enjoying myself. I'll get into details later, though, because RCaitlin at "City Intern Girl Life" gave me a blog award the other day!

How exciting :)

Apparently I'm supposed to list 10 things (facts?) about me. I'm not sure exactly what to say, but here's me trying:

1. I'm really bad at calling people, whether it be initiating the call or returning the call. I often conveniently forget that people have left me messages, and I find other ways to contact them if it's something important (text, Facebook, etc). I'm not sure why or how I fell into this habit. I wish I lived during a time where there was less technology so I'd HAVE to make those calls. Alas, I don't. So please don't take it personally if it's been a few days and you haven't heard back from me.

2. For most of my life I wanted to be a private piano teacher. Through a series of events (people telling me that I had an amazing voice and should thus pursue that musical specialty in college/life...) and my own laziness (singing was REALLY easy for me and piano/memorization of pieces was more work), I ended up changing my mind at the last minute and applying to colleges as a voice major. Now entering my fourth year of college, I sometimes find myself regretting that decision.

3. My first kiss was in first grade with a cute little boy named Blaine. Technically this wasn't my first "REAL" kiss, as they say, but I still think it's an interesting fact :)

4. I have an overactive imagination and thus hate (HATE) scary movies. If a movie looks interesting but there's a chance it might be scary, I have to have a friend watch it first and vouch for either it's scariness or non-scariness. I also close my eyes and hum through scary commercials/previews on TV/in movie theatres.

5. I am an only child.

6. I used to take Irish dance lessons. I'm half Chinese (and very proud of it!) and not very Irish looking so I stood out, but for some reason I didn't mind. They were very welcoming of me. The classes were held at night, and after each week's lesson, my mom or dad would pick me up and we'd stop by Jamba Juice and I'd get the original version of what is now called an Orange-A-Peel. Those were good days :)

7. I am afraid of heights and mildly afraid of the dark. Leave me at a mountain top or in a dark park for too long and my (previously mentioned) overactive imagination goes wild and I start panicking. Combine the two fears, and I literally can't move. This makes hiking at dusk especially difficult. It also makes going out onto an ocean pier at night a challenge - I have to walk straight down the middle of the pier while trying to control my thoughts, or I can't make it very far. I also never go near the pier's edge at night. This is unfortunate, because the view of the mainland is gorgeous when seen from the end of a pier.

8. I love amusement parks. I particularly love Disneyland, and I go to Six Flags often. I once made it a rule when I was younger that any guy I seriously dated would have to be ok with my love of Disneyland. (As horrid as it is, there are some men out there who think Disneyland is only for children. The nerve!)

9. Although people will tell you otherwise, I am an introvert. I don't mind large groups of people, and can carry my own in most any social setting just fine, but I prefer smaller groups of people, one on one situations, and alone time. A lot of alone time. I don't get much alone time while I'm at college, and it really stresses me out. I've been overcompensating for last year by spending as much time as I can reflecting by myself this summer. I've loved every second of it :)

10. I love my family. Even though we have a strange dynamic, and it's never said aloud that we love each other, I do love them. And I can type it here on this blog because neither of my parents are computer savvy and they will probably never come across this particular entry.

And there you have it. 10 facts. I also think I'm supposed to pass this blog award on. I will be giving it to Lisa at "Where the hell do I go from here?," Regina at "Regina Mako," and Sarah at "Yosh! よし!".

Have a good day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree with the overactive imagination thing. When I was little and I was in a pool by myself I was always afraid of octopus attacks. Not that it would ever make sense.

    Also, I've been in talks with my boyfriend about visiting California cause he has friends in LA. I want to go to Disney Land but he doesn't want to go. *sad* Its all in the planning stages anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting? California?? That would be amazing! If you guys move past the planning stage, definitely let me know. I haven't seen you in basically a decade, it would be awesome to catch up and hang out and all that. And if you need someone to go to Disneyland, I LOVE Disneyland ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good honest 10 facts Jiji. I am very afraid of driven by someone, bus, train, bike. i don't really sleep even if it 2 days. i think i getting over it slowly. :)

    ReplyDelete