Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lists, Putzing, and Big Smiles



Earlier in the summer, the boy and I created a work-in-progress list of 100 Things To Do before we had to go back to school. I lost the first one, and so we made a second one. A few days after we made the second one, he broke his collar bone, and most everything on the list suddenly became null and void.

We need a new list, but I almost don't want to make another one. Summer is nearly half over, and the things on the list that I wanted to do were basic things that I do every summer (taking advantage of the sun by kayaking, hiking, bike riding, and exploring... going to every pool, every beach, every restaurant, and every park - amusement or green... flying kites, watching fireworks, dancing, etc). Now that many of those things aren't viable options anymore, I'd like to just wake up and do spontaneous things. Hopefully this desire will prompt some interesting entries recapping such things like driving out into the desert to look at stars on a whim, going to the San Diego Zoo because I have the time, and baking more desserts to bring to people because I can.

A few possible problems that I can foresee (besides the boy's physical restrictions) are his non-physical restrictions, and both of our bank accounts. Hopefully neither of these things will be major issues in the final half of summer.



In other news, while putzing around with one of my oldest friends in Target, I came across a metallic silver coin bank that looks like a schnauzer/terrier. I immediately fell in love, and even though it didn't have a visible price tag, I decided to buy it. Thankfully it ended up being $10, so it didn't "break the bank" (ha... :P)... and as a result, I now have a cheery, fabulous container to keep all my change. And every time I see it, I smile a really BIG smile. Awesome. :)

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog- love it. Looking forward to reading more :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel you on the bank account restrictions. They suck! Your ideas sound really awesome though. I left an award for you on my blog! Check it out :)

    ReplyDelete