Thursday, July 23, 2009

Zing Zang Zoom



A lot of enjoyable things have happened in the past few days, including a number of good conversations, some roses, delicious meals and snacks, a lovely lakeside walk, and an exciting invitation. I will leave those to be discussed at another time, though, because yesterday I went to the circus!

Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey's show "Zing Zang Zoom" is showing at the Honda Center right now, and my mom decided randomly that she wanted to go. Thanks to her whim, I got to enjoy (from nearly front and center seats!) a spectacularly entertaining show filled with magic tricks, singing, dancing, tigers, elephants, dogs (ultimately one of my favorite acts!), tight rope stunts (another one of my favorites), a double human canon (exciting!), horses, zebras, silk aerialists, contortionists, swinging log acrobatics (cool yet hard to explain), something called dueling wheels (also cool and hard to explain), russian gymnasts (complete with a fire ring stunt!), an upside down act (I can't explain it, nor can I figure out how they did it), and, of course, a number of entertaining clowns :)

"Zing Zang Zoom" utilized live music and a lot of creative lighting. The acts were what made the show so great, though. There was always something going on, and too many places to look at at once. The audience was gasping and cheering and participating at all times, and some of the tricks the performers were pulling off were beyond amazing. And the animals were great! The elephants were regal and MASSIVE (although their feet are smushy looking, which is kind of cute), and the tigers were pretty intimidating. The horses were elegant, and the zebras (some of the most interesting looking animals, ever) did tricks just like the horses! The dogs were adorably cute (fluffy, smart, funny - the works), and unfortunately I didn't get any great pictures of them because I was too engrossed in their amazingly entertaining act.

In any case, words don't do the show justice. I'll try with pictures, but I doubt they will do it justice either. I was so pleasantly surprised by how good the show was. I certainly hope other people recognize the splendor of the "Greatest Show on Earth" as well, so this century old tradition can continue running strong :)












No comments:

Post a Comment