Monday, October 5, 2009

A Good Mix of Life and Relaxation

So I successfully managed to NOT get on my computer for Facebook/Gmail/Hotmail for a few days, which is pretty amazing since I use all three frequently for Hapa. Basically, I've had a three day break from Hapa work! (But not Hapa itself).

The major parts of my weekend consisted of...

Hanging out in Westwood
Zankou Chicken (where my chicken kabobs were much greasier than usual? Boo)
Crepes in Long Beach
Drinks at the Bull Bar
Volunteering with Dog (and Cat) Adoption in Culver City
Deliciousness at The Counter
Gelato at Melt
USC beating Cal 30-3
and hosting a joint "belated birthday" party complete with tons of good drinks, good friends,
        good music, and silent movies!

High points include Akiko agreeing with me that 27 Dresses is a shitty movie mainly because everything that happened to Katherine Heigl's character was her own damn fault... realizing that my iPod is working again... playing with dozens of kind, friendly, cute, amazing dogs... finding delicious new places to eat... and partying with friends that I don't get to see as often as I'd like!

Low points include not being able to adopt a dog even though I REALLY want to... and taking that stupid shot Saturday night, which I of course hated. Because I always do. I'll have a beer (or two or three) instead, any day, haha.

Completely unrelated (but related because it's still the weekend) was my lovely lazy day with the boy cleaning up the apartment, streaming various shows on Netflix (namely SVU, CI, and the original Star Trek), playing various Zombie themed games (LOVE Plants vs Zombies), eating various unhealthy foods (such a contrast to the rest of the weekend :/), and cuddling at various times throughout the day.

Good weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. Plants vs Zombies is amazing, I haven't played it in a while... but me and my boyfriend got all the achievements on steam because we were so addicted. I love survival mode and once you beat the game 1.5 times you get a yeti zombie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regina, Plants vs Zombies ruined two days of my life!! Haha. It's OK. I've gotten through everything except for some of the puzzle levels and I've since calmed...

    JOE! Hahahah OMG, but it was TASTY wasn't it? :P Ralphs cakes get +27 points in my book, haha :D

    ReplyDelete