Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Day Improved

So I got the package thing sorted out and am in a decidedly better mood because of it. Mainly because I received TWO packages today (I was only expecting one) and now have my new phone because of it! And this thing is TINY. Having to get used to such a small touch screen qwerty is a challenge, but hey I'm up for it. It's been fun exploring all the little features, and so far it's surprisingly nice. Meaning, everything works. Including the 2g mini SD card that came with it as a bonus. Hooray!

Twas another fun weekend. Highlights include lunch with a good friend, watching Bat Boy (a weird musical but still one of my favorites), Game Night, and a tasty Sunday. Had a great time at Game Night. People brought so much good food, and my Spinach Artichoke Dip AND my Ooey Gooey Butter Bars were a hit! It's always nice when people devour the dishes you make :) Clean up was a bit more involving than I expected... but I had help so it was OK.

Planned on going to SinBala for some Taiwanese food and what is apparently the best Taiwanese styled Shaved Ice in the area... but they only take cash and I (and the boy) am(/are) PLUM OUT OF CASH. And I don't have an ATM card (and really, never did). It's a long story. Anyway, the boy and I ended up in Alhambra at Cofftea, the first boba place I could find that accepted credit cards. Tasty boba, tasty food, but not cheap and not all that filling for two people. Soooo we sauntered over to Tea Station for some Sweet Butter Toast. My favorite part of the evening was still the meal, though. A close second was driving around the city looking to see what other neat places existed that we could check out in the future. It reminded me of Orange County a bit. Such is suburbia, I suppose.

I used to drive a lot when I didn't live in LA, and I loved it. It was one of the relaxing "me" things I would do. Driving down PCH at night... so beautiful, so relaxing, so... bah I miss it. Anyway. Driving in the city sucks, because it's the opposite of relaxing. Which isn't a surprise, seeing as it's filled with traffic, angry people, poorly paved roads, and badly designed intersections. Driving at 2 in the morning on the freeways is OK... but it isn't beautiful like driving along the coast or through the canyons. Makes me miss the home county quite a lot.

Anyway. I'm just up because I've been fiddling with my phone. Which is a bad reason to be up, especially since I have a midterm this week!

3 comments:

  1. I used to like driving when I first started (which was 18, not 16), it was relaxing and I had freedom to go where ever I wanted. After working and commuting, even driving in the suburbs sucks cause there's traffic during rush hour. Now if I ever have to drive around for more than a half an hour I usually get a head ache.

    Also there are no canyons or coasts or mountains or anything here. Just flat land. I miss California, I can't wait to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regina- yeah... traffic sucks. Headaches suck too :/ But you visiting does NOT suck! So excited!! :D

    Chelsea- YUM indeed ;)

    ReplyDelete