Monday, October 12, 2009

Stupid Package Service

Aadfhgpaioshdg. I'm not very happy at the package service here at my apartment building. Why? Because they keep changing the hours in which you are allowed to pick up packages. And if you're unable to pick up packages during their designated hours (which keep changing)... you will be charged $5 to pick them up during office hours (9am-5pm) and $20 to pick them up during non-office hours. Oh except you can't pick up packages ever on weekends and holidays. And the Thursday package pickup hours are drastically different than the Monday-Wednesday and Friday package pickup hours? And... the Monday-Wednesday and Friday package pickup hours got recently changed from AM to PM and NOBODY BOTHERED TO TELL ME. Rather, all that was put up was a couple of black and white, extremely wordy signs filled with bad grammar and too many instructions. So the change from AM to PM went completely past me. Especially since the Thursday package pickup hours remained in the AM.

And I'm now really angry because I'm deathly afraid that they're going to send my package back, because it's been a week, because I have been unable to pick up the package during what I supposedly thought were the package hours (8-10AM) for five days plus a weekend.

And I'm also really worried that my second package (that I am so desperately waiting for) arrived and left without my knowledge because the office SOMETIMES informs us that we have a package waiting (by leaving a 1 inch by 2 centimeter piece of white paper with small black letters taped onto the FRONT of our mailbox [making it quite easy for it to fall off, or be TAKEN off if someone is in a shitty mood when they come back from school/work/whatever]) and sometimes DOESN'T.

And what do I do if my packages get sent back? One to Northern California and the other to some place in China (or Singapore)? I'm not sure! But I need my shit. :(

2 comments:

  1. That really stinks, it would probably be better if they had no package service at all. My building doesn't and neither does my mom's, but it works better because I get a slip and just go to the post office or UPS and although they only hold it for a week or so, you don't have to pay just to pick it up.

    I feel your pain though, I never know why getting something delivered (which should be convenient because its going to your house) is always a hassle and always an inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My building requires a bunch of keys to get to the apartment floors (the first floor is just garage and office), although your and your mom's building's methods sounds a lot better. It just wouldn't really work in ours :/

    Thankfully, I got my stuff tonight! Missed class in my anxiousness to do so though, which isn't a great trade off but it's OK, haha...

    ReplyDelete