Wednesday, September 30, 2009

That Magic Moment

Two midterms tomorrow (today), but before I forget the magic of the moment, I wanted to gush about this past weekend. More specifically, the marriage of my childhood best friend.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.


She looked so gorgeous. Beautiful dress, beautiful smile. Everyone was all smiles. It was a smaller wedding, but even still I only knew a few people there (one of which being a fantastic friend from high school that I was SO excited to see!). The boy accompanied me. The reception was in a private room of a nearby Italian restaurant that, it turns out, I've coincidentally eaten at before (back in the day after a theatre competition in high school). The restaurant has a creepy basement (complete with broken arcade games and strange ghoulish statues), but the private room we were in was lovely, quaint, and perfect for the wedding reception.


One of my favorite parts of the whole celebration was the father daughter dance.


A frightening part of the celebration was the bouquet toss. I feel old because some of my friends are starting to settle... but not that old because I personally (and Carol too!) am(/are) clearly not ready to, haha.

Other highlights this weekend include going out to Dave and Busters for some late night drinks with some hilarious friends that I haven't seen in ages (consequently causing me to miss the walk I was supposed to participate in with my mom...), lunch with my dad at the Fish Grill, and lunch with my mom at a Chinese restaurant we used to go to sometimes a few years back (which apparently isn't doing as well as it used to :/) followed by some Mochilato (my mom's first taste!). Sunday night the boy surprised me with a home cooked meal, which definitely was unexpected (and tasty!).

I also got a haircut (after the wedding, so the pictures don't showcase it) and tamed my ever growing hair. While at first I wasn't a fan (straight bangs versus swept bangs...), I have since gotten used to it and quite like it! I've come to realize that I can't judge haircuts straight out of the salon because hairdressers tend to style my hair completely opposite from how I usually do it. Meaning, they actually style it and I don't like how it looks all gunked up. I'm not a fan of wasting time where I don't need to. If my hair looks good as it is, I'm not going to throw in expensive, unnecessary product and spend valuable time straightening it. Or curling it. Or whatever. Not to say I don't EVER do this, but usually the extent of my styling is air drying and a quick brush afterwards. An important event calls for blow drying it with a round brush, sometimes... but recently I haven't bothered. My hair's been good to me lately! Although the point definitely came where I was in dire need of a haircut. Haircut completed, my hair has gone back to being good to me :)


But really, the most important part of the weekend was the wedding. And a beautiful wedding it was :)

4 comments:

  1. Is there something wrong with short hair and bangs :P

    Anyways, congrats on your friend's wedding. Everyone looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, no! my bangs are usually swept. got them cut straight across this time and... it looked fine, but it was such a hassle to take care of :( i'm just not used to it. so two days later, i'm sweeping it across as much as i can!

    and the sad thing is, when i get a hair cut, i mean re-layering and like 1.5 inches off haha. i'm just not that daring when it comes to my hair (mainly bc every time i change something i like it for a day, get bored/tired/irritated w/ it, and long for the hair i once had).

    when are you coming to LA btw??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I used to be the same way with my hair. In high school my hair was super long (down to my waist/hips area) and I never cut it out of laziness. Since then it just got shorter and shorter and its just so much easier I hate having long hair.

    I'm going to be there from October 17th-26th, tentative plans for Disneyland on the 24th! I hope to see you some other time that week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES, perfect day for Disneyland for me! So excited :D Earlier in the week I'm open at the moment, let me know when's a good day to do something and we'll definitely do it!

    For example... I just found this tasty Korean Tea House. Talked about it in my last post. Although you'll be staying in (near?) Westwood so that might not be super practical... haha.

    ReplyDelete