Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Past 48 Hours




...Have been too busy. HapaSC's First General Meeting went alright. A lot of people showed up, which is good. Hopefully everyone is interested enough to come back. Part of the problem with the meeting was that, halfway through, the temperature of the room we were in seemed to skyrocket. Apparently they're having issues with the A/C in that building. So we moved outside. It wasn't a huge deal, but it came across as being a bit disorganized, I think.

Welcome Mixer was fun on Friday. Again, the heat was an issue. Last year the weather was fantastic, so it was really enjoyable to run around outside taking pictures (for our now annual Picture Scavenger Hunt). This year, my group at least was weighed down so much by the heat we decided not to run. So... we probably won't win :/ That's alright. It was fun anyway, and the Indian food afterwards was tasty.


Then it was DANCEiSM. Ok. So I had been excited to go to DANCEiSM because it's supposed to be a really fun mini-rave. About 1500 people, and much cheaper than say, Hard or EDC. I like various types of electronic music (there's a club in Newport that I like to go to when I'm in the area), and I figured the vibe would be awesome (what with Body Painting, Photobooth, etc). After dancing 3 hours straight, here are my thoughts:

DANCEiSM was a rave, but only in the technical sense of the word. It definitely lacked in rave culture.

DANCEiSM was frequented by shy kids and scene kids. And loser guys. No offense.

DANCEiSM was even smaller than I expected it to be, although the Body Painting was really cool. (Emilie and I definitely got carried away, haha.)

DANCEiSM was fun.

Yup. With all that said, I had a really good time. But that's because Emilie and I are awesome :P We both agreed that while electronic music is fun to dance to occasionally, we don't know how anyone could claim it as their sole music of choice. It's too redundant. If I weren't drunk, I'd probably get annoyed. Don't get me wrong, I like electro. But I prefer Electro Rock. Melodies. Movement. As a music enthusiast, that's what I feel music needs. The DJs at DANCEiSM were spinning great music to dance to whilst intoxicated, but could I listen to their music say, now? No. Not a chance.

Afterwards, we got late night IHOP. I actually prefer late night Denny's (or Mel's), but it still did the job. And then I got to take a hot shower (SO necessary), and then FINALLY I got to sleep.

[ I forgot my camera :/ Photo Credit: Yelp. ]

And then not too long later, my mom showed up for lunch! :) We went to Monterey Park for some tasty, tasty Chinese Food. (It's so worth the drive. I have yet to find very good Chinese Food around here.) Then we swung by a bakery and a market and I got a Mooncake (red bean with egg yolk!), Almond Jello Mix, and some Winter Melon Juice. YUM! I haven't had any since we ran out of the concentrate block we brought back from Taiwan three some years ago. It's SO refreshing. Love it in hot, humid weather (hate the weather, though, haha).

In addition to that, I switched my layout around a bit, I re-watched Howl's Moving Castle (liked it so much more the second time... and did you know that Christian Bale voices Howl? O.o), USC beat San Jose State 56-3, and I've had a few moments to relax. :)

And that's what I've been up to. Wish I could split this into multiple entries. I could, I suppose, but ugh. It's only been two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment