Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Studying-Ish

San Clemente, CA. I want summer to get here faster.

So I'm at Emilie's at the moment, where I'm supposed to be studying for my midterm which is on Wednesday. Which I really need to study for, since I've missed a couple of classes. And because I don't think I'm doing that well in the class. Even though I think the topic (abnormal psychology) is fascinating, and I actually know the material pretty well? I'm just failing at thoroughly preparing myself for these exams.

It's one of those classes where I know the information well enough to talk about the topics in a broad sense (and thus am not motivated to study hard for the midterms), but not well enough to answer 100 very specific (albeit multiple choice) questions... and thus don't do incredibly well on the midterms :/ I get half of them right away, and the other half I get down to two possibilities, and apparently I suck at choosing between the two because I'm just not doing that well. Enough on that, though.

I had a delicious homemade meal tonight. It was a classy fish sandwich: seasoned red snapper with sauteed mushrooms and green onions topped with tomatoes and healthy mayo on a perfectly toasted baguette. SO tasty! Which makes today a good day :)

2 comments:

  1. You want summer to get there faster? You're in California, you don't get to talk like that.

    Also when are you coming to visit? Now its my time for bugging you. You should come in December, because that is the only time I find winter to be nice in Chicago, in the excitement and shopping frenzy and pre-Christmas feeling. In January it just sucks, Christmas is over and there are no other reasons left to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With your pre-Christmas suggestion, I'm thinking in December, sometime before Christmas :) I figure that way I can get the harsh cold, but it'll still be redeeming in some way so maybe it'll soften the blow? Haha. My last final is on the 15th. I'll let you know soon...!

    ReplyDelete