Friday, November 6, 2009

A Fuzzy Week

Nearly a week has gone by. What have I been doing? I can't seem to recall...

I do remember last Sunday though. The boy took me to Salo-Salo for dinner in Glendale... and then surprised me by extending the date, eventually including a movie at a nearby theatre. Law Abiding Citizen, to be exact. It was pretty interesting. Not as good as the previews suggested it might be. There were some plot issues and I'm just not a fan of torture/gore scenes... but beyond that, it was entertaining.

I also roasted pumpkin seeds at some point. Those actually came out really good! Nice and buttery toasty :)

Checked out Maitreya for Marissa's birthday. They have a pretty good Happy Hour menu... which the car I was in missed by 1 minute. Literally. (Darn LA traffic). Shared some Carbonara, which was good. Other dishes looked good as well and I liked the atmosphere, at least for dinner. Either way, I'm planning on going back. Plus, there's a multitude of dessert places to choose from in the area. (Of course, even with the many options, the boy and I grabbed another Pumpkin Pie Shake from Jack in the Box, haha).

Tonight is HapaSC presents: Shades of Love. It's an Interracial Dating Forum (something we've done in the past, but not last year), followed by Speed Dating (something new for us). It should be interesting! We've got four diverse, guest panelists with incredibly different backgrounds, and the Assistant Director of APASS at USC is moderating for us. I have to introduce and close the forum... and will have to, at some point today, sit down and think about what I plan to say. Esther and I are also running the Speed Dating session. I'm so curious to see how that will turn out...

I keep telling myself I should update this more often. Since my memory seems to be failing me, maybe it's time I actually listen to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment