Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Good Start



And I'm back at USC! It's of course been a busy week, what with getting everything prepped academically and at the apartment. HapaSC is taking up a lot of time, but not more than it should, which is good. I like my classes so far... and I think they will all be manageable. In fact, I think my 20 units would be a breeze without HapaSC... but then what's the fun in that? Haha.

The boy's been staying with me recently, which has been a neat adventure. Not like it's anything new, but it's more... I don't know how to describe it. It's less of an option, and more of a situation now haha. I've been enjoying it though :) It gives me a chance to cook more often. This week's meat of choice is chicken. Last night we had Chicken Marinara (complete with terrorizing experience), and tonight I'm going to make a Chicken Katsu. And I just found some leftover Tiramisu in the fridge, which I made for a retreat on Sunday. So that was a nice surprise!

The goal is to get all of my work done as soon as I can so I have time to watch the Prestige tonight, which I have been wanting to re-watch for about a year now. The worst part is, I actually own it - I just can't find it. So we had to get it via Netflix. Boo. But at least it's finally here and available to watch...

Tomorrow will be the last day of my first week of classes, because I'm free on Fridays! Although this Friday I will be doing some practical things before getting dinner with my cousin. I'm excited for this weekend, also, because the plan is for the boy and I to head out to a museum. I really enjoy museums (they're very relaxing), but I haven't had the opportunity to go recently. So I'm looking forward to that.

On top of all this (and I apologize for the randomness), my econ class doesn't look like it's going to be all that bad. My professor managed to be engaging for the full two hours. At 8 in the morning. Amazing! It's a good start to hopefully a good year.

Hope everyone who's still on break is enjoying it, and that everyone else who's back in school (or working!) is enjoying THAT as well :)

2 comments:

  1. I just got back to school today! but classes for us don't start till september 3rd. Hope you're enjoying your time back at USC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite things about living with someone is cooking all the time. When I'm by myself its hard to get myself to cook cause its only for me (and uses so many dishes).

    I have a few go to dishes, but otherwise its fun to experiment and make new things.

    ReplyDelete