Tuesday, August 11, 2009

As I Continue Preparing



It's currently less than two weeks until classes start. Feels like crunch time. Probably because it IS crunch time. Anyway. I went to the OC Fair over the weekend. LOVE the fair. There is so much to see, and I love all the lights and sounds. It's expensive, yes, but if you plan to not spend a lot of money, you won't, and you STILL will have spent hours there. I always eat at my uncle's restaurant across to the street to save money on food and parking... which leaves more money for rides. A lot of the exhibits are free too. And this year everyone was particularly nice and friendly, which was great! People tell me the LA Fair is better because it's bigger, but I'll stick with my OC Fair because it's home. Farm exhibits, local personal collections and galleries showcasing the history of the Fair Grounds are especially interesting to me because I can relate to it. For example, did you know the OC Fair has been at the same location every year since 1949, the second year of it's existence? No? Did you care? No? Well I did and do care! More pictures from the fair are up on One Smile.

In other news, the Cesar mascot (a Westie!) is such an adorably fluffy dog. Super super cute. I really want a dog. Only 1 (or 1.5, depending) years until I graduate and can fulfill that wish...

Which reminds me. I'm watching my friend's dog for a week and some days, starting tomorrow. Jose (short for Jose Cuervo) is his name, and he's a very very small chihuahua with a crooked tooth. Cute, though. So that should be fun :)

Looking forward to a simple night in with the boy tonight. Sounds like a bit of Power Grid, a movie, some dinner, and a handful of good conversation is in the works. I'm excited :) Hope everyone else is having a good day, also!

2 comments:

  1. I do think the Cesar dog is cute, but white dogs never stay that white, they always get gunk and dirt in their face scruff. Everyone says Momo is the perfect size dog, she's about 18 lbs and big and sturdy enough to go camping, but small enough to carry around and sit on my lap.

    My friend has 2 pomeranians that are 3lbs and 5lbs and one broke its leg by just jumping off of the couch.

    ReplyDelete