Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Final Stretch



So I've been working, working, working to get everything done before school starts (at this point it's mainly HapaSC stuff). Right now it's been a full day and a half (with few breaks) of helping my RC with the NEW(-ish) HapaSC website. I'm really excited for it, though, so when it's up I'll let you all know :) One of the pages I helped with was the Gallery. In doing so, I got a chance to look through all of our pictures from last year. Almost makes me miss it! Haha, JK, I do miss it - my fellow hapas (and non-hapas) especially. I never realized how complete of a year we had, until I saw all the pictures in one place. Hopefully everyone else will have a similar reaction when they see our (nearly 1000!) pictures too.

Lately life has brought me back in touch with old friends. I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but my best friend from 5th grade throughout high school is GETTING MARRIED NEXT MONTH! I'm really excited for the wedding. I've only been to one before (le sigh), and that one was a very casual beach wedding between my cousin and his lovely (now) wife, both of whom had been married before. So I'm looking forward to going to a wedding between two people who are taking the plunge for the very first time! I'm so happy for my BF and 1/2. Ten, or eight, or even four years ago I wouldn't have been able to imagine this day, but here it comes, fast approaching :)

The other exciting news is that an old friend from ELEMENTARY SCHOOL is coming to LA to visit in October. Exciting! I'll probably join her for a trip to Disneyland or something (if I can squander up the money), but if she has the time while she's out here, I think it would be really fun to do some severely LA-esque activities as well. Live music, or delicious vegan food, or SOMEthing. Or a museum and/or Korean BBQ perhaps? So many choices!

Alright. Five minutes is five minutes too long for a break right now. Back to work!

3 comments:

  1. ABRA! it sounds like you've kept yourself busy! the time before school starts is always so hectic! i just got back a few hours ago, and I already feel the stress of the looming tasks...

    It's crazy that your 5th grade BF is gretting married! Time passes sooo fast! I've never even been to a single wedding haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very excited to come and do some fun things (you have to come to Disneyland).

    I haven't been to too many weddings and only 1 big traditional wedding, but someone had a heart attack and died during the reception. It was terrifying and very sad. Congratulations to your friend and I hope it goes perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa- before last year I've never been to a wedding either! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one :) (well, I guess I don't count anymore, but whatever haha)

    Regina- I'm planning on coming to Disneyland! Very excited! :D

    ReplyDelete