Sunday, April 19, 2009

Take-Out and Venice


When I think about someone eating take-out by themselves, I generally imagine something sad and depressing. I might have to edit that image, though, because right now I'm sitting on my bed finishing off some delicious Yellow Curry from Thai Corner Food Express (weird name, I know, but they're actually quite tasty and thus are currently my favorite Thai place in the area), and I'm probably the most relaxed/content I've been this whole weekend. In this moment, eating rice straight out of that funny little paper box American Asian restaurants like to use isn't depressing at all. It's actually rather fantastic :)

This has been a good weekend. Highlights include seeing Annie Selick at Steamers, kicking ass at Scrabble, going to Wood Spoon and eating delicious Brazilian appetizers, and savoring Salty Chocolate and Almond Date flavored Scoops (although Guiness Chocolate is still my favorite Scoops flavor). I also filled out nine (yes, nine) postcards to send to people around the world, which I'm excited about because that means in a few weeks, I will be getting lots of postcards to add to my collection!

Right now I'm in the process of uploading some pictures to Facebook. Everytime I upload pictures, I'm amazed at how many albums I have. 80 something last I checked. 90 maybe? I don't know. In any case, I'm always surprised because I actually don't think I take pictures that often. It's just that when I do, I take a TON of pictures at once. I just keep snapping pictures until my (two) camera batteries run out... and by that time, even with my shitty batteries, I've often taken 20, 50, 100 pictures (depending on where I am and who I'm with). In any case, the ones I'm putting up now are from Venice Beach. I've posted a couple of my favorites above.

I'm looking forward to my night in. I'll be munching on leftover Thai food for the rest of the night, I'm sure, while (hopefully) working on some school work. If I finish in time, maybe I'll read a bit more of This Is Cuba... although I'd prefer to not stay up too late - early class tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment