Saturday, February 13, 2010

Why Am I So Tired?

Time really flew by this week. To the point where I ended up at Wurstkuche twice but didn't actually realize I had gone twice in the same week until it came up in conversation yesterday O.O

Part of the reason I think I lost track of time was because of how varied my week was. There were multiple days in which the things I was doing made it feel like it was a weekend night, not a weekday night. The week itself included all the usual things (classes, meetings, tests/papers/projects), plus random things (delivering 100 hand made Valentines Day cards to an orphanage in Culver City, pausing to watch traditional Korean drummers perform on campus), as well as tasty things (Wurstkuche x 2 where I've started to always get a Kielbasa with sauerkraut and sweet peppers and white truffle oil french fries with chipotle aioli, dinner at the 2-9, getting delivery from my favorite local Thai restaurant, randomly getting a free pint at Scoops!), and fun things (getting to know awesome/interesting people better, acquiring both Adobe [thank you!!] and Finale, spontaneously driving down for Micha's surprise birthday dinner, hours upon hours of fantastic conversations, etc).

I also went to a Graduation Info session (in which I started to get even more excited about graduating) and sang in this week's studio class (in which I started to get even more excited about my recital).

And I've also been busy organizing my part of an application for this silly award thingy I've been nominated for. I'm not even sure what it's called, haha, but I'm assuming it's a good thing/worth all the effort?

Anyway. I question why I'm tired because although the week was crazy hectic (what's new), my weekend was supposed to be (is?) relaxing. Granted, Jimmy and I didn't get back to Irvine until super late last night (and then we stayed up talking over tea and coffee) and I woke up early for an appointment today... but still. I also feel like I shouldn't be tired because today was an entirely "me" day. It's been scheduled as such for over a week, in part because at the time I knew I had a busy week ahead of me. You would think my "me" day would be relaxing, and looking back I have a hunch it was, but anyway. My "me" day went something like this, for those who care:

After my appointment I headed over to a Meditteranean restaurant that I like and had a Yogurt Kabob plate (which was delicious but super filling). Then, I wandered around Lido Isle and leisurely took pictures until my meter ran out. And THEN I headed down to my favorite beach in Laguna and lay out to read The Enchantress of Florence until it got too chilly to read on the beach, in which I headed up to the Koffee Klatch and got a vanilla chai tea latte (recommended over my usual chai tea latte by the barista and, as he said it would be, it was GOOD) and continued to read out on their cozy little patio. After which I headed over to the Spectrum to look for a few things that I've been needing but haven't had time to get yet... followed by a late dinner with my mom at this Chinese Restaurant on Quail Hill that I can't remember the name of. Something "Jade" I think. And then I returned to the Spectrum (because I hadn't found everything yet) and by the time I was done it was too late to hang out with friends I originally intended to see, which is just as well since by that point I was pretty darn tired. The last thing I did was go and pick up a few things I needed at Rite Aid and now I'm finally home BUT I don't feel like my scheduled "me" day actually relaxed me much. Perplexing. Maybe I should stop pondering and just sleep...

Except I need to pack for San Diego as I'm leaving tomorrow, right after breakfast with my Dad.

-_-

Thankfully it's a long weekend.




And with all that said... I really did love (LOOOOOVE) this week (and weekend so far!). It's kicked ass all over the place in so many ways. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment