Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Good Day, Good Abra

Yesterday I spent an hour and a half drawing a crosshatch tree using India Ink just for the hell of it. It was FUN! And although it isn't perfect, I really like my tree too. And I LOVE India Ink. My art professor doesn't seem to like the medium very much (something about it being hard to control), but I find so much enjoyment in it. I love the defined lines and the fact that depending on how hard I press the quill to the paper the width of the line changes. I love that it's a little bit unpredictable and sometimes a small blob will fall somewhere random. I love that if I'm crosshatching a bit too excitedly, tiny ink splatters start appearing everywhere. I love that it's a little messy. And I love that, even though it's supposed to take a while to get used to it, I can control it quite well. Using India Ink made me so very happy :)

I've reinserted music into my life. Not that I ever took it out, but it sort of took a back seat for the past few years. Not anymore. I've been singing in my room, in the shower, as I ride my bike - all over the place. My iTunes is constantly open. I've reupdated my iPod (and have gotten more used to the fact that I can't fit all my music on it and thus have to pick and choose what gets put on when). Right now I'm listening to Ingrid Michaelson. I've always loved her music.

I've also been practicing my recital pieces a lot. I love my program. I hope you all do too, if you come to see me perform. I hope you come. I finally wrote out my schedule/pre-recital plan. In doing so, I've come to realize how attainable my recital goals are and I'm EXCITED.

I went to the gym with Anhkhoa today and he DRILLED me. Now I feel good! I'm excited to start doing pilates consistently again. It's been a while. I'd been so busy that I'd find myself too tired to move by the end of the day. But now? I'm good now. And that means pilates!

Yes, I'm good today. And now it's time for me to read through "Abandon the Old in Tokyo" by Yoshihiro Tatsumi for my lit class. Until later... :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see that you're doing so well. I actually don't like india ink either, I prefer micron pens for ink drawing. I used to use them all the time in high school before I started focusing on digital art and painting. They have super fine pens that perfect for linework and some neat brush pens that have a natural feel without being messy.

    ReplyDelete