Monday, December 14, 2009

Saturday Night

Can I say that I REALLY dislike the USC tram system? I have NEVER had a good experience. Saturday, the boy and I decided to take the USC provided LA Live bus to get to the LA Auto Show because the bus is free, we wanted to save the $14 we would've spent on parking, we had the time, and hell, it's good for the environment. NEVER AGAIN. We waited THIRTY minutes for this bus trying to get there, AND thirty minutes trying to get back. That's an hour of waiting, not including the 15 minute walk to the bus stop (which, honestly, wasn't THAT terrible. I like being outside, and walking is progress, not just waiting. But it adds another 30 minutes to our 1.5 hour total travel time... for something that is ten minutes away by car...). Did I mention that I HATE waiting? It's a waste of my time. Plus, it was raining. Normally I wouldn't mind rain - it's atmospheric, romantic, and I enjoy it (since we don't get it very often here). But I don't enjoy waiting in it for an hour, at night when it's cold, when I'm trying to not get sick before recording this week.

Next time I'm driving :(

Anyway. Enough ranting. The Auto Show was fun, and Versailles was exceptionally delicious, so all in all it was a good night.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, public transportation is awful, but at least it was free. In Chicago the trains come closer to 10-15 minutes, the buses a lot less, and they're all $3 each way. They all pretty much go into the city or out of the city, so if you're going from one outskirt to another (normally 7 minute drive), it could take 40 minutes to an hour because you would have to go all the way into town, wait, transfer, take another train all the way out.

    I much prefer the suburbs D;

    ReplyDelete