Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Final Countdown

What's today? Tuesday? In one week I will be done with finals. I will also be doing a recording at Chapman for a friend's scoring project. I will ALSO be cleaning my apartment, packing, and saying a few farewells before I skedaddle down to Irvine.

As for now, I will eat a grapefruit and (hopefully) study like crazy for finals. I don't have high hopes for my grades this semester. I'm going to be pretty sad when my GPA drops. But hey, I'm on the home stretch and the things I will remember about first semester senior year will hopefully NOT be the fact that I stumbled through most all of my classes, but all the good times I had, including HapaSC's end-of-semester Formal Dinner. That's the hope, at least.

In other news, I watched the Korean drama Oldboy the other night. Good movie! Very interesting. Very, "wait, whaaaaaat?". Recommended. Apparently they're making an American remake of it starring Will Smith. If it weren't for Will Smith, I wouldn't even mention the remake because remakes are usually butchered versions of the original movie starring "popular" (but generally less-than-talented) celebrities *cough*Shall We Dance?*cough*. The Korean version of Oldboy was REALLY well done (especially in the cinematography department)... but who knows. I'll watch the remake, I suppose, but for anyone who hasn't already seen it, I'd suggest watching the original first.

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I have seen Oldboy and I am not a fan. Maybe all of the insanity of his imprisonment and revenge would have been worth it if the reason that it happened made sense in the end. I was confused, but more in a is this really what plot of the movie is sort of way.

    Anyways, good luck with school, final stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooo!!!! You've got to have fun your senior year!! I can't imagine all four years being this hard to balance a social life (as it has been in my case) ; ) !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, the reasoning was really weird. but the whole movie was weird, so i accepted it in stride :P

    haha, thanks :P but it's difficult, isn't it?? some people do it so much better than others. i just lost my footing half way through (or maybe i wasn't balanced to start with?) which made this semester an endurance test to see if i could just get through it. i got through it. hopefully it was worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete