Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I Like Things




I like grits. They're so basic, and yet so deliciously comforting at the same time. Hot, soaking up all the flavors of the surrounding food. I had some good ones last week at the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney (where my man and I met my roommate and her man for dinner).

I also like veggie burgers, although I'm not vegetarian. I had a really tasty one in the dining car of the train on the way to Santa Barbara. And it came with coffee :) (In a plastic cup! Haha.)

On that note, I like train rides. I haven't REALLY traveled by train since I was a little girl, when I went to San Diego with my family (I've taken a few short trips here and there in the years following). I remember that being a fun trip (the conductor of the train entertained me with a Goofy voice as he came by to pick up our tickets), and my recent train trip was fun as well. There's something quite soothing about trains. It could be the slow rolling of the moving cars, or the utterly amazing panoramas of passing hillside and ocean, which can be easily seen from the generously windowed viewing car.

I also like learning new things. Like slacklining, which Kurt introduced to all of us in a beautiful park in Isla Vista. It was challenging, but fun. I'd never done something like it before (the closest thing would be rock climbing, I think), and was super eager to give it a try.

Also enjoyable is drinking supremely delicious Thai Tea Snow Bubble with Boba (from an Indian Restaurant of all places) in said park while relaxing after exerting myself on the slackline.

What isn't enjoyable is being stalked by a skunk while trying to soak up the fresh, night air :/

I do, however, like gift exchanging outside of 85C Cafe, games like Rock Band, Catch Phrase, Munchkin, and Zombie Fluxx (which, by the way, is leagues better than Monty Python Fluxx), Gospel Choirs, horchata, longboarding (even though I'm slow), Coldstone coffee icecream with brownie and Heath bar mix-ins, and good company.

And catching up with family is nice, as well. Sam Woo is a tasty place for such reuniting. I imagine the leftovers I'm about to reheat from said dinner will also be tasty :)

7 comments:

  1. I love grits. jUST FOUND YOUR BLOG and wanted to say hi! Really enjoy what I read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yours looks really interesting/fun. I'm adding it to my reading list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's a grit?? I'm so confused!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, grits are a type of food! It's made out of corn and used in Southern cooking a lot :)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grits

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've never been on train i so want to someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I love a good veggie burger! (i'm not vegetarian either), annd adore bubble tea too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog via 20somethings for the hell of it group, read the first few posts, loved it, then saw that you are also part of the 20 somethings college kids group. Now I MUST link you!

    ReplyDelete