Thursday, January 21, 2010

Unrelated Thoughts

It's been super rainy lately. And as cold, wet, and inconvenient as it is, I've been really enjoying the weather. Everything just looks and smells so much nicer. And there's something vaguely exciting about the fact that the major freeways in the area are flooding every other hour or so. I got to experience it first hand last Monday when I went over to Westwood for lunch and what not. It was actually pretty frightening at the time, but it's hard to explain why exactly in writing. I definitely didn't anticipate so much water. Lunch and conversation was good too, as usual. Jimmy and I came across a place called Roni's Diner on a whim... and man they have a big menu! I plan to go back sometime.

I took the boy to Bacaro for his birthday. It was fun, and the food was surprisingly good! I had one of the best hefeweizens ever: Pinkus. Mmmm so smooth and tasty. I also have more birthday-ing planned for this weekend, but that's for another entry.

Yesterday Emilie and I ventured to Vegisoul for the first time, finally. It's another restaurant in extremely close vicinity, featuring "vegan soul food." And for being vegan soul food, it was quite tasty. I just wish my stomach was feeling more up to it (it's been a week and I'm still feeling the effects of stomach flu?) :/

Anyway, my two big projects of the semester are my Recital and a semi-secret Hapa project that I'm SUPER excited about and have been working really hard on. I'm only mentioning it now because I'm itching to blabber about it, but alas, I will wait. I want more aspects of the event in place before I try to explain it :)

3 comments:

  1. I like rainy cooler weather as well. Out here its getting above 30 degrees during the day (first time in a while) so its pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Above 30 degrees during the day is pretty nice?? Ack. Sounds preetty chilly to me :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its better than 10 degrees as the high and -15 with windchill (how it actually feels) and any moisture in your face freezes like your eyes and the inside of your nose, which is how it was during this last week.

    ReplyDelete