Friday, January 29, 2010

Today, I'm Tired

Check out the old school vending machine!

So this has been a pretty busy week.

It started with dinner at Guelaguetza before heading over to Shatto39 for bowling with HapaSC. I had never been to Guelaguetza before. They serve Mexican food from the Oaxaquena region. It was unique. I had a Tamal Oaxaqueno de Mole con Pollo (mole being an interesting, savory chocolate sauce). It was pretty good, and although it's not a new favorite dish, I cleaned my plate when I was there. Also, the authentic music was a nice, entertaining touch that vaguely reminded me of a themed amusement park. It was pretty loud, though, and I started getting a headache towards the end of dinner :/

Sunday was spent mostly in Burbank. The boy and I were pampered at rA Organic Spa (my birthday present to him, complete with massage, sauna, and some sort of calming, herbal tea), and we followed that with wayyy too much food at a nearby Japanese restaurant (one of like, 10 within a two block radius...) called Octopus. Afterwards we wandered over to the AMC and watched Avatar in 3D before getting some tasty tasty Pinkberry (which still reigns supreme over Red Mango and Yogurt Land in my opinion, although I don't get it nearly as often as I used to).

I'm reallyy glad I saw Avatar in theatres (in 3D for that matter). I seriously had no desire to see the movie until everyone (and I mean EVERYone [minus one friend]) raved about it. From the previews, I judged it to be another lame, overproduced kids movie with blue people. Now, I take back my earlier assumptions and whatever negative thing(s) I might have said about the movie prior to seeing it. It was good. Really good. It reminded me vaguely of Pocohontas... but hey, I liked Pocohontas. The world they created was dazzling; what a beautiful, non-existant planet. If you're even more of a straggler than me and still haven't seen it, I suggest you get on that. It's seriously worth watching in theatres.

Off the top of my head, highlights this week included a few meetings (continued progress on the secret Hapa project I've alluded to but haven't mentioned yet, as well as the first Captian's meeting for Relay for Life), dinner with Emilie at the 2-9, and lunch with my dad at Wurstkuche. I'm also getting better at drawing (I think?), but I'll talk about that more in depth at another time. Maybe with pictures? Maybe not... haha.

Yesterday I got out of my PSYC class early and decided I wanted to cook. I ended up baking a big slab of cajuny crusted salmon for the boy and I, and pairing that with herb and butter wild rice, grilled sweet potatos (YUM!), and green grapes. It was a good meal :)

Whew.

I'm actually really tired. I spent the last hour just resting, although I kind of wish I took a nap. I need to head to campus to practice/rehearse soon, and then my mom's coming into town for dinner. And then I have to wake up earlyish for another busy day. I'm looking forward to Sunday, which will hopefully be a day of relaxation.



P.S.
I got a new phone (a Pearl!) off of eBay on a whim. It's been four days, and even though AT&T made me purchase a data plan when they realized I had a smartphone (how they found out I have no idea...), I LOVE it. :D

2 comments:

  1. I have been completely not busy lately, but the spa sounds really nice. I've never been to one, but my Mom got her massage license a bunch of years ago and used to use me and my brother as test dummies. Also I love the sauna, something about it is really nice and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice! Super relaxing, but definitely not long lasting. By the next day I was already starting to feel the knots return and the stress rebuilding haha. Boo. Lucky you for being a test dummy for massage therapy, though. I think that's the better deal :)

    And I'm going to send you an e-mail tomorrow with info on that project I have for you! (If you're interested! [Which I hope you are!!])

    ReplyDelete