Friday, May 29, 2009

Technological Advances



So I know I haven't updated for a while... but I have a good excuse! My 5 year old laptop finally went out on me, and I didn't have access to a computer for a while.

Why am I suddenly updating? Because TWO days ago, I received my BRAND NEW LAPPY TOPPY in the mail! I'm pretty damn excited. Nobody else (except for you, my love) is, though, because the things I'm excited about aren't anything special. They're things like, a webcam, for instance. I never had one, so I think mine is pretty damn cool. I'm also enthralled by my wireless LASER mouse, which is more convenient than I thought it would be. The fact that I have enough RAM to watch movies and YouTube videos (in High Def/Res to boot!) is amazing... and being able to do multiple things at the same time (like download files, have a gazillion tabs open in Chrome, listen to music, upload pictures, talk on Skype, etc) is unreal.

Yeah... my old laptop was pretty shitty.

In case you were wondering, I ended up getting an HP dv4t in Moonlight White. It's sleek, quiet (my old one sounded like a small, broken vaccum cleaner), and LIGHT. (It's just over 5 lbs. Compare that to my old one which was almost 9 lbs. Yay technology!)

I'm pretty happy :) Anyway, that's my excuse as to why I've been M.I.A. for a while. And... I think I'll actually split this update into two posts (so I don't have an essay long "hey I'm back!" entry). So this is my post as to why I haven't updated recently... and my next post will be what I've been doing lately :)

No comments:

Post a Comment