Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend and What Not




Yesterday was a fun day filled with business and relaxation. My phone has been turning itself off lately, and although it usually isn't a major problem, it interfered with some things yesterday which is a bummer. The best part of the day was dinner with my awesome cousin who is in town for work. He took the boy and I to Lawry's for some tasty prime rib and beer. And TASTY creamed corn. Honestly, that might have been my favorite part of the meal (besides the good company). Afterwards, Emilie and I had a POW WOW! An event dear, significant, and unique to us, and VERY missed by me over the past 8 or so months.

Today was also a fun day filled with outings and relaxation. After a quick breakfast, some time at home, and a quicker lunch, the boy and I ended up at the MOCA. We walked through the entire museum and read the blurb for every piece of art in the building. There're a lot of interesting pieces in there. There's a lot of work that doesn't appeal to me at all, also, but hey. Such is modern art. One of my favorite parts of the MOCA was the store, in which I found a pack of 30 AWESOME postcards for only $10. A steal in a store like that, and a REALLY good price for high quality postcards! (Only 33 cents a card!) I'm excited to send them out via Postcrossing :)

Also today I ate some Versailles (not at the main restaurant, unfortunately, so it wasn't quite as tasty as usual) and watched District9 at CityWalk. CityWalk is a fun place, just because there's so much going on. I love lights, and CityWalk has a lot of them. I'd say CityWalk > Downtown Disney, also, because it's less family oriented. Then again, Downtown Disney houses the Jazz Kitchen and their famous beignets... so maybe I'm wrong in saying that.

RE District9... man that was a stressful movie. I didn't think it would be good (viral marketing really turns me off)... but IMDB reviews gave it an 8.7/10, surprisingly, so we watched it. It was well made, considering. Not enjoyable (SO stressful), but it was good. I'm not sure if I like it yet... but I think I do. I don't think I'd watch it again, though.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy work day (why do I have so much homework already?), but I'm looking forward to staying on top of things so no big there. If I finish early enough, I might watch some live music at the LACMA. That should be fun.

In other news, there's an onimous cloud of SOMEthing growing over the mountains east of LA. Looks like it might be a fire of some sort, but I haven't heard anything. News to come RE that later, hopefully...

Hope everyone else is also having good weekends. Sorry I haven't been commenting on your blogs! I will get around to it soon, I promise. Maybe tomorrow. Anyway. It's kind of nice to be back in LA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment