Monday, May 17, 2010

I Am A College Graduate!

And so four years have concluded. Graduation was an amazingly fun day. I managed to wake up and make it to both the main commencement ceremony and the Thornton satellite ceremony. I'm really glad I made it to the main ceremony! I loved the traditional hob nob, courtesy of USC - everything from flags and stately processions to live music and a lovely release of doves at the very end of the ceremony. I'm really glad that I went.

The satellite ceremony (and adjoining reception!) was a lot of fun too. It was so amazing to be surrounded by friends I have known since the beginning, as well as supportive professors who have stuck by me throughout the years.

It was great to see my family so happy as well... and word on the street was that I looked pretty happy myself!

Thank you to my family and friends for coming to support me. I'm so glad that I will have so many amazing memories from graduation to last me a lifetime. It's unlikely that one day can justify four years, but if that one day were to exist, it would be my graduation day. :)

Pictures from my camera are up on Facebook. Still waiting for a few more cameras to get uploaded... but until then, here are a few highlights:

Lining up for the main ceremony.

John, Jack, and Alex's hand...

Emilie and Adrian!

Devin is taller than me?!

Brian and Derik!

Nate and I, still the same haha.

And last but not least, my family :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! What a NEAT experience to be surrounded by people you've known for four years and professors, too! I can't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONSSSS! :D :D :D y'all look so good in them robes!

    ReplyDelete